FAQ & Insurance
Please arrive a few minutes before your first treatment to insure your full service. As we may be in treatment when you arrive, we may leave an intake form for you in our relaxing waiting room and will be with you shortly. Allow extra time for traffic and street parking. Please remember that each appointment is precisely timed, so if you arrive late, your treatment may be shortened or rescheduled. If this happens, we will try to accommodate you but we can not guarantee your full service.
Please notify us before booking treatments if you have disabilities. This will prepare us in advance to provide the best possible treatment or therapy for you. When receiving your treatment, we will address your needs based on your personal assessment. You may also communicate to us how you are feeling during your treatment. If there is anything you would like us to address, please inform us.
Please turn off all cell phones and be mindful of other ongoing treatments. For Eastern bodywork, we ask that you wear comfortable loose fitting clothing. For Western massage therapy treatments, clients are comfortably draped with a sheet.
All of our services are offered by appointment only. We highly recommend booking your treatment in advance to ensure that your preferred time and service are available. Scheduling may be done online and requires a credit card to enforce the cancellation policy. Please indicate at the time of booking if you are redeeming a gift certificate, package, or other promotion.
Gratuities are not included in the price of services or packages. However, at your discretion, gratuities are welcome and graciously accepted. Any gratuity you leave is entirely based on your satisfaction.
All sales are final. We are unable to process any returns or reimburse any payment transactions.
For everyone’s convenience, a minimum notice of 24 hours is required for cancellation or rescheduling of an appointment. This means no same day cancellations or same day rescheduling. The lack of such notification will result in a cancellation fee of $50.
We accept Cash, Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept 3rd party vouchers.
As of January 1, 2023, we are no longer accepting health insurance plans. Sorry for the inconvenience.
A number of health insurance plans in New York City cover acupuncture, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS), Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare (UHC), Oxford and others. Unfortunately, all plans are different, and many have restrictions or deductibles that must be met before coverage begins.
To find out your coverage, book a “new patient” appointment though our website and enter your insurance information. We will verify your coverage usually within two business days.
- You can be red for 8-12 hours. Aloe vera can help reduce redness.
- No exercise today. Sweat can irritate the face.
- Stay out of the sun. Use mineral sunscreen for the first week after micro-needling.
- No makeup today.
- Use hyaluronic acid. Use when you feel dry and before sleep on the first night.
- Do not use facial soap on first day. You can wash your face with just warm water.
- Back to your normal facial routine tomorrow. Facial products have a much higher absorption rate the first week after micro-needling.
- It takes about 2 weeks to fully see results from the treatment.
- You must wait 1 month before doing another micro-needle treatment. However, nano-needling treatments may be done weekly to increase/speed up results.
- Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities;
- Blood-clotting problems;
- Active bacterial or fungal infection;
- Immunosuppression; and/or,
- Scars less than six months old.
- Keloid or raised scarring;
- History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions;
- History of actinic (solar) keratosis;
- History of herpes simplex infections;
- History of diabetes;
- Presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesions on targeted area;
It is not recommended to have micro-needling until at least two weeks after BOTOX® and four weeks after a dermal filler. This is not because of a health risk but because it could effect how the BOTOX® and/or dermal filler work.